Show reviews that mention
irs money tax people deutch attorney roni case taxes office
Filter review

Roni Deutch law firm collected $3800. and did not represent me at all.

My husband and I contacted and retained The Deutch Firm starting in May of 2010, making payments until February of 2011. We had collected and sent the firm all documents they required. Made payments of $300. monthly with a total of $3800. In March 2011, our appointed attorney Nicole Hanley, called us and said all forms had been sent to the IRS and we were waiting for a response from the IRS to our Offer in Compromise. We had no idea of all the law suites and legal action being taken against Roni Deutch during this time as we live in a small town with limited newspaper access. We truly believed that all the paper work was done. On June 20, 2011, we received a phone call from the Receivers office that our case could be turned over to the Tax Advocacy Office or they would mail it to us and they needed the answer right then. The receivers office said that they would receive any incoming calls but no out going at that time. It took me days of research to get the Receivers name and email. In the mean time I called the TAO and they told me no they were not taking the Roni Deutch tax cases. I finally heard back from the receiver and he told me to call again as the Tax Advocacy's Office was suppose to take these cases. Also contacted the Attorney General of CA who responded in a letter that they understood my case, however it was their job to look after the rights of the people of CA. So no help there, they did recommend us to file a class action. I live in NC, it would cost me too much money to do this. So we have represented ourselves with the IRS, we did get some help from the TAO, and are out $3800, which is a lot of money for us! Pissed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. If only I had known of this misconduct of Deutch's from August of 2010, I would have stopped payments immediately and not be out that much money. NBC Today Show???? She used to appear as "YOUR" expert tax person, so why aren't you doing an investigation on this. I watch this show daily and had they covered it, I would have been in the "know"! At least the $3800. is a tax write off. Ironic huh?

Juceam and Forsythe, along with Gregory Flahive, owner of Sacramento tax law firm Prestige Law Corp., were named as co-defendants in the state's expanding case against Deutch in a July 8 filing. The complaint accused Deutch of violating court orders by fraudulently transferring several thousand sales leads to the trio, diverting money the state said should have gone to pay back clients.

The case is separate from the civil lawsuit filed by the state attorney general's office last August alleging that Deutch swindled clients, doing little or no work on their behalf.

That suit demanded that she return $34 million to customers and cease advertising.

Deutch, in April, faced contempt-of-court allegations after she was accused of shredding millions of pages of documents related to the lawsuit in violation of court orders. She pleaded not guilty to the allegations in Sacramento Superior Court and faces an October hearing in the matter.

State attorneys in the sales leads case are now focusing on the Juceam Group, asking Judge Brown to extend a temporary estraining order freezing the firm's assets and place it under the control of a receiver, alleging that the firm profited from the leads. sacbee

Whats taking so long to put Roni Deutch and her co-conspirators in jail?

No refunds- Per the Calf AG:

Deutch also ignored a preliminary injunction that requires her to return all unearned fees to clients within 60 days" and admitted that she has over $400,000 in refund requests that are older than 60 days, Harris said.

Even more disturbing, said Harris' filing, is that Deutch allegedly gave at least $12,000 to her brother, Scott Juceam, which he used to launch a tax debt resolution company, called the Juceam Group, which he allegedly runs from one of the Roni Deutch Tax Center locations.

Harris asked the court to fine Deutch $1,000 and imprison her for five days for "each and every separate contempt" -- $1,000 and five days in jail for each of the millions of pages of documents destroyed and each refund not issued, in other words.

The Deuctch family is now operating at the 'Juceam Group'. Call them and ask for one of Roni Deutchs brothers.

View more comments (3)
Boone, North Carolina

I have been there too

the attorney general's office has filed a case against Ronnie Lynn Deutch for defrauding customers and they are aware that she solcited money while she was under investigation if you fell prey to her scam please contact them. They will add you to their class action suit and act on your behalf but not as your attorney. This may not happen for a while but it is your best shot to take this preditor down. She has demanded money from unsuspecting people whils she was hiding her "stolen money" from the onlyy people that can and will help you.

I think if Scott Juceams nose grew everytime he told a lie or ripped someone off, he would have already built a bridge to China

I just Spoke with the "juceam Group" rep who answered and he "swore" to me that they ae in no way Affiliated with RLD, and thier scammers. I find thid hard to believe because after a very short search online a principle in that company is non other than Mr.

R. Deutch.

Makes a person wonder HOW they can get away with all of this..

i owed money to the irs so i called roni law frim and they took 2700 dollars from me and ran now the irs is charging me more cause of her

Correction- I have believe Scott Juceam is Roni Deutchs illegitamate brother

Roni Deutch family is now operating in the 'Juceam Group.' Call Scott juceam or Russel Deutch at the Juceam Group. They are both of her brothers and both worked for years at the law firm. thejuceamgroup.com

View more comments (4)
Rochester, New York
$1950

Ripped off since last year!!

I am only 26 years old and gave her $3000 of my money! My account went into collections with the IRS and the IRS even stated that it was because of her lawfirm that this happened. What can we do about getting a refund even a partial refund? This is ridiculous! I have been trying to contact her office for over 6 months and get no response then I find out she is "closed" and being sued. How about giving back all the money that she took from people..sell your house and give us your money from that and your cars. There has to be something we can do.

Call Scott Juceam at the new OMG Tax Company. Juceam worked for his sister, Roni Deutch, for over 10 years at her Law firm. Tehn he opened up the Juceam Group with her money until they were fined for massive fraud. Now Deutch/Juceam family are at OMG tax

OMG Tax

4700 Roseville Rd Suite 206

North Highlands, CA. 95660

Phone Numbers:

Information:916.331.2011

Fax Number:916.844.1022

Client support:916.339.3744

Do you know how to do that??? I would love to get some money back.

Try getting the money they stole from you from OMG Tax- owned by Scott Juceam of the Deutch family.

Anyone know what happened to the class action lawsuit that we were all supposed to be part of?? Was there any judgement for us????

BEFORE you hire the Juceam Group- do your research about the Juceam Group! Both companies have been sued by the Att Gen for fraud.

The whole family from the shut down Roni Deutch law firm is now controlling the Juceam Group!!! Same ***, same faces, different name.

Via the BBB: 'On November 3, 2011, Funtax, Inc. D/B/A The Juceam Group, Scott Juceam and Robert Forsythe entered into a Final Judgment with the Court to resolve all matters.

Judgment in the amount of $72,350 was entered against the Defendants. '

I was 100% correct all along! The Juceam Group agreed to pay $73,000 in fines for FRAUD!

from BBB::

'On November 3, 2011, Funtax, Inc. D/B/A The Juceam Group, Scott Juceam and Robert Forsythe entered into a Final Judgment with the Court to resolve all matters. The Juceam Defendants do not admit any of the allegations in the complaint, but agreed to stipulate the judgment to avoid further litigation.

Judgment in the amount of $72,350 was entered against the Defendants. '

I also paid her 1650 dollar of my money and now I can't get in touch with anyone to get my money back as well. And to make things even worst the IRS is taking money from me again.

Can anyone help me or tell me what to do the get my money back. Very very *** off.

Hey Robert- I'm just trying to save innocent consumers from greedy scam artists, especially when law enforcement is investigating them. Plus, I heard that a 'Robert' has already given some good inside information to the Attorney Generals Office.

Maybe to help out with a Federal case? It aint over till the fat lady sings Juceam Group

saveaconsumer protectchildren feedthehungry stopscammers

Hey scammed and saveaconsumer you need to check your facts , these two are nameless and faceless two cowards who only want to cause problems :?

View more comments (15)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Ronnie Deutch

I have given Ronnie Deutch 1987.50 of my last money to them. I have a family a 2 yearold and wife. I'm on disability making 150.00 a week. Is there a lawyer that can help all these people get there money back. I'm never going to replace that money, when I could of given it directly to the IRS. can anyone help!! I can't afford another company to help me, and Now I owe money to the person I borrowed it from. This is very unfail. I guess such as life. they have nerve, they should be in jail with maddoff!!!!

Admittedly my company has defrauded many consumers, but as I have found my place with God, I am now working on making my self a better person and rectifying my mistakes. Scott Juceam 916-320-****

I have been told that Scott Juceam is Roni Deutchs illegite brother. Apparently its true, because the Deutch/Juceam Groups blood now has now been charged AGAIN with FRAUD also by the state law enforcement and the state is attempting to freeze the assets of the Juceam Group in order to pay pay the VICTIMS!

Contact the Calf Attorney Generals office to try and get some money back. Read the court info online.

The Calf attorney general:

The Juceam Group will be happy to speak with you if you need help for free. Call scott Juceam directly.

did anyone try calling this Juceam Group?

Call 'The Juceam Group' for a refund- the Deutch mob is there now

View more comments (5)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Roni toke may money and ran!!!

Roni toke may money and ran. I called to cancel their services due to no action taken by them and when i ask for my unearned fee they were no were to be found what are we suppose to do??? help anyone! I am really concered the money i sent to her would have been a nice payment towards IRS I live pay check to pay check and really can not afford what she has done to me. Please if their is any help out there on how to get my funds back I would so graetly appreciated any help.

Scott Juceam

916-320-****

THIS IS A HATE SPEECH SITE , YOUR IP ADDRESS IS TRACKED DHS

Demand your refunds from Roni Deutch at the Juceam Group. The Deutch family is alive and temporarily well operating under the new name the Juceam Group.

But hurry, the law is closing in FAST on the Juceam group. Ask for Russell Deutch or Scott Juceam, Roni Deutchs brothers, who also worked for their sister Roni for 10 years at the law firm, until it was shut down.

saveacomsumer

The Juceam group is offering 'new fresh approach to dealing with your tax issues.?

Meaning the Juceam Group is from a family of ripoffs? According to State law enforcement, the assests of the juceam group are to be seized for fraud. Read the complaint online.

The Juceam group was formed with money and innocent consumer tax leads from the Roni Deutch law Firm. Scott 'Juceam' is Roni Deutchs brother that worked at the law firm for years, then opened the Juceam Group when Roni Deutchs firm was being shut down.

Even Russel Deutch is now at the Juceam Group. A separete company- with the same owners and family for Roni Deutch law firm?

The Juceam Group is a seperate business. The Juceam Group was formed by Tax Professionals that have combined their skills to offer a new fresh approach to dealing with your tax issues.

Call her brother, Scott Juceam, at the reincarnated law firm now called 'The Juceam Group' Scot will be glad to give you back the money the Juceam Group his sister Roni Deutch ripped from you

Atlanta, Georgia

Roni Lynn Deutch

We procured Roni Lynn Deutch to help us with our back taxes. We paid her $5,000.00 to due so and she did absolutely nothing and when we would call we could never get ahol of someone. All of this was back in Dec. of 2001 and now we here she is being charged with basically taking our money and doing nothing. Don't we as consumers have the right to get our money back? Are we not able to procecute until after her trial? I feel we have the right to get our money back now!! How can we go about doing this? Sincerely, NancyL

The Juceam group has just been charged with FRAUD by the State Attorney General. Prosecutors are trying to freeze juceams assets to pay back victims. Consumers BEWARE!

saveaconsumer

Im sure the Roni Deutch klan now operating under the name 'The Juceam Group' will be gald to refund your money. Just ask for any one of the Deutch family when you call, keeping in mind her brother, Scott Juceam, is the owner.

Learn to spell

Kansas City, Kansas
Loss
I contracted Roni Deutch, Professional Tax Corporation, to represent me, prepare and file one "Offer in Compromise" with the Internal Revenue Service for past due taxes I owed. I did everything they ask me to and got back on track with the IRS. I paid them $250 a month...

Heres Scott Juceams tweet from OMG Tax- What happened to paying back the victims of The Juceam Group and Roni Deutch?

scott Juceam ‏@omgtax

Thank you Farzana and staff for doing a great job for our clients.

View more comments
Austin, Texas

Roni Deutch Taxes Center

I paid Roni Deutch $2500.00, only after one year I owe the IRS $4000.00 more in taxes. They continually told me that they were working with the IRS to lower the bill. In the end I ended paying the IRS $610. dollars a month. They said that I could not get a refund that it is not their problem. With the money I gave them and the penalties and interests I could have paid the IRS $6500., off my taxes. Don't trust her or even reply to her adds, then she wanted me to do advertising too.

The Deutch family keeps changing their names apparently to avoid more fraud charges. Roni Deutch was shut down, then Juceam Group - operated by the Deutch Family of ***, was sued and then the basteerds changed their name to OMG Tax without their names on the OMG website.

All *** still in Sacramento- call OMG tax for a refund. Ask for Scott Juceam, Roni Dooshbages brother.

Not only has she fail to pay the clients that she defaulted, it looks like she has not paid her lawyer. But what do you expect of a "Crook"! :upset

The Attorney General is suing Scott Juceam and the Juceam Group for FRAUD in connection with money taken out of Roni Deutchs law firm and transferred to the Juceam Group instead of going to pay the victims of the Deutch family reported scams. Just check with law enforcement for the state- they are now trying to freeze the Juceam groups assets to give back to the law firms victims. Scott juceam is Roni Deuthcs illegite brother and he worked at the law firm as a bill collector for 10 years before being shut down and opening 'the juceam group'

saveaconsumer

On August 23, 2010, the office of the Attorney General of California announced that it would be filing a $34 million lawsuit against Deutch for allegedly "orchestrating a 'heartless scheme' that swindled thousands of people facing serious and expensive tax collection problems with the IRS."[14][15][16][17] Roni Deutch responded to the charges by stating California Attorney General Jerry Brown is “engaging in election year politics” (Brown was running for governor in the November 2010 election at the time of the lawsuit, an election he ended up winning) and that she intends to fight the lawsuit.[18]

A court in California has frozen all the assets of Roni Deutch. The "tax lady" as she was known and her company were sued for $34 million dollars by several attorneys general.[19]

In April 2011, the California attorney general's office asked a court to hold Roni Deutch in contempt of court and to imprison her for shredding millions of documents and withdrawing money to pay other outstanding debts.[20] In May 2011, her attorney asked to be removed from the case because of nonpayment.[21]

Prosecutors state that instead of repaying creditors and former clients, per a recent court order, Deutch withdrew $241,000 from bank accounts and used that money for personal expenses, meanwhile failing to make the $435,000 repayment to the victims of her alleged fraud.[22]

ONE thing Scott juceam says is true: The Juceam Group is NOT a typical tax company. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

The Juceam Group is a private Ca Corp. Roni Deutch never invested money in the Juceam Group Tax Services.

Again as i always tell anyone who needs help. Call me directly and i will see what we can do to help you. I have a geat staff in place that consists of Enrolled Agents, Lisc Tax experts.

The Juceam Group isnt a typical Tax Company. Call for free Taxultation.

She invested in her brothers Tax firm, the Juceam Group, operated by Scott Juceam. Some of Ronis law firm business actually went out to the Juceam Group recently when they saw the tsnami coming down on Ronis law Firm. Check with Scott Juceam- the law firm is now closed and alot of us dont have jobs.

Las Vegas, Nevada
I payed 1700 dollars to deutch for nothing. they offer the irs 50.00 dollars for my 20,000 dedit.FOR NO THANKS THING still paying irs....they told me to buy another car to show more money going out so that would improve my chances to get an offer-of-compromise. FAT...

According to the California Attorney Generals office, Roni Dees illegite brother Scott Juceam and his 'The Juceam Group' was getting the money that Roni Deutch was supposed to have been refunding to scammed customers. I suggest that you also try getting at least part of a refund back from the 'Juceam Group"

View more comments
Charleston, West Virginia
Loss

Wow! Who oversees these companys?

Unreal! I'm given an overwhelming presentation via phone, after I asked what I thought were the right questions I was never given any type of references etc. I was an *** to give them my credit card which they charged me $500.00 I did received their forms but, vague information on the company. Ended up I called the IRS myself to find out exactly what info they needed and how they derived at their findings. The IRS was very kind and told me they just needed to confirm that I had a loss in 2009. That was it! When I called JUCEAM GROUP which is part of Ronnie Deutch I was told "NO REFUND"!!! But, they did nothing! OMG I'm a Widow on Disability and I've BEEN SCAMMED!!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? HELP I NEED MY $500.00!!!!! THANKS A LOT RONNIE DEUTCH AND JUCEAM GROUP! TYPICAL CALIFORNIA COMPANY'S

Call Scott Juceam for a refund at OMG Tax. Same family running OMG Tax, just different business name. Still in Sacramento.

I couldnt get my money back from Roni Deutch so I tried the Juceam Group cause I heard they are the same family and compnay- they just changed their name. The Juceam group said that they wont pay me because they are now a separate company!! How can they get away with ripping people off, just changing the name of the company, then get new victims?

This clown is the brother of Roni Deutch, who is about to go to prison for cheating people who called her law firm looking for help. Juceam was part of it all and was fined 80K by the State of California recently.

Give them money at your own risk.

THIS SITE IS NOW CLASSIFIED AS A HATE SPEECH SITE ALL IP ADDRESS WILL BE TRACKED

Dear Juceam Group: You got leads directly from your illegite SISTER RONI DEUTCH

for months!!!! Before, you said the courts charges were false, now you paya 72, 000 fine for FRAUD?? I dont want you to rip off innocent people

Such a little wussy filled with hate and lies

you cant stand it can you , the juceam group is not , no fraud , nothing but a fine for recieving leads from the wrong company , our clients love us Mr Scammed is a dishonest person with no life :cry

Via the BBB:On November 3, 2011, Funtax, Inc. D/B/A The Juceam Group, Scott Juceam and Robert Forsythe entered into a Final Judgment with the Court to resolve all matters.

Judgment in the amount of $72,350 was entered against the Defendants.

SCAMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The phone for Roni Deutch? Try 1.FOL.SOM.JAIL

View more comments (80)
Reston, Virginia

Roni deutch

I called Roni Deutch and was told that once i gave them my finacial to see if I qualified they would be able to discharge my IRS debt which I did qualify at the time and I was told before they could go forward I I needed to pay 500.00 which I did plus 181.25 every month since....they have not done anything except send a whole lot of paper work and try to tell me that I gave them different information, so now after they have robbed me of 1225.00. I called them to let them know that they were giving me the run around but they would let me talk they kept cutting me off not wanting to take any responsiblity for there mistake or own up to the fact that they are ripp off scammers which I did thr

Scott Juceam

916-320-****

Yeh right- I can SEE the Juceam Group cares about its client by paying a $73,000 fine for FRAUD! The Juceam Group apprently only cares about SCAMMING clinets!

Here is the proof of the fraud fines against the Juceam Group via the BBB:'On November 3, 2011, Funtax, Inc. D/B/A The Juceam Group, Scott Juceam and Robert Forsythe entered into a Final Judgment with the Court to resolve all matters.

Judgment in the amount of $72,350 was entered against the Defendants. '

Both of Roni Deutchs brothers, who were here right hand men at the Roni Deutch Law Firm before it was shut down, are now running the Juceam Group. Any questions?

THE GOOD NEWS IS THE ATTORNEY GENERAL HAS DROPPED ITS CASE WITH THE JUCEAM GROUP , WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RONI DEUTCH ISSUES. PLEASE STOP BASHING THE JUCEAM GROUP AS THE COMPANY IS HONEST AND CARES ABOUT ITS CLIENTS

They apparently just moved and made the new company 'The Juceam Group':

According to the California attorney general: One of the most disturbing choices she made (Roni Deutch) was to direct at least $12,000 to her brother, Scott Juceam, from November 2010 to January 2011. (Id.

at~ 21, Exh. 18.) After the Court issued its Preliminary Injunction on November 17, 2010, which limited the ways in which Deutch could conduct her business, Juceam began to prepare to launch a tax debt resolution

company, which he refers to as the Juceam Group, and to run this company from one ofthe Roni Deutch Tax Center (RDTC) locations that he operates. (Id. at~~ 19-20, Exhs.

20-21.) The timing ofDeutch's transfer of $12,000 to her brother perfectly coinCided with the launch ofthe Juceam Group, which began to advertise as early as January 3, 2011. (Id. at~ 20, Exh. 21.)There is little doubt that Deutch knew about and approved ofJuceam's new company.

Aside from providing start-up capital, Juceam operates the company from his RDTC location in Fair Oaks. (Id.) According to RDTC's franchise agreement, RDTC had to provide Juceam with -prior written approval to launch the Juceam Group from his RDTC location. (!d. at~ 23, Exh.

25.) Additionally, the Juceam Group provides the exact same services as Deutch's law firm, and the descriptions of these services on Juceam's website copy word-for-word the descriptions of services on Deutch's law firm website. (

Roni deutch...where to begin.. rude..offensive..lairs..scammers...paper pushers...thiefs...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..after paying them for help we started to get 20 pages of paper work in the mail and each time we filled out each saying to the letter the same thing over and over again,it had gotten to the point we just ran copys after we filled the 1st 3 bundles out and sent it to them cutting down our time seeings how each bundle of paper was a cookie cutter reply from the last 1 comeing from Roni D,alomost 2 years now and still nothing ,but they got there $2200.00 payment from us...please we beg you if you need a lawer go local someone you can talk to to see in person not this ...i wont even call her a lady .....dont get taken like we did,save your money..

Costa Mesa, California

Roni Deutch ripped me off $3500 did not do anything

Roni Deutch ripped me off for $3500.Was to pay $3500 up front for them to help with IRS.Got over half paid off,got sick with heart bypass,told them i had no income coming in,they said if i could not pay on time they would have to drop me.So i got the money.After that i paid $225 for them to do my taxes for that year.After that i got nothing.They said they could not help. They tell you you can not record them over the phone thats why.You can not prove nothing in court,with out it

Latest on the Juceam Group FRAUD fines via the BBB: 'On November 3, 2011, Funtax, Inc. D/B/A The Juceam Group, Scott Juceam and Robert Forsythe entered into a Final Judgment with the Court to resolve all matters.

The Juceam Defendants do not admit any of the allegations in the complaint, but agreed to stipulate the judgment to avoid further litigation. Judgment in the amount of $72,350 was entered against the Defendants.'

State attorneys in the sales leads case are now focusing on the Juceam Group, asking Judge Brown to extend a temporary restraining order freezing the firm's assets and place it under the control of a receiver, alleging that the firm profited from the leads.

Contact the California Attorney Generals office. They are well versed on Roni Deutchs pratices and helped to close her down. Saveakid

Washington, District Of Columbia

Roni "Rip Off" Duetch

The irony...Roni "RIP OFF" Duetch is taking money which is actually due the IRS. Considering the millions she is taking from the unsuspecting public (funds actually due the IRS) shouldn't IRS or Feds pursue this? It's not only a loss and disservice to the public. but a loss and disservice to the IRS...while Roni "RIP OFF" Duetch laughs all the way to the bank. IRS wants to collect, cash strapped consumers dip into their savings to pay for a fraudulant tax service to reduce liability and Roni "Rip Off" Duetch laughs all the way to the bank with the money...Money which should be given to the IRS. Who is Roni "RIP OFF" Duetch really RIPPING OFF?

saveachild protecachild feedthechildren

ID
#209944 Review #209944 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ronnie Duetch Sued once...now twice

The New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) has brought a lawsuit charging Deutch with misleading advertisements that allegedly fail to include key eligibility requirements in order to resolve back taxes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under its Offer in Compromise program. The Offer in Compromise program enables taxpayers to resolve debts by entering into an agreement with the IRS for reduced payments, in which a majority of people do not qualify – a fact allegedly not evident in the Deutch advert. In 2006, she agreed to pay $300,000 to settle the lawsuit for deceptive advertising practices. A total of $200,000 was apportioned to affected victims of her deceptive practices, and $100,000 in fines.[13] On August 23, 2010, the office of the Attorney General of California announced that it would be filing a $34 million lawsuit against Deutch for allegedly "orchestrating a 'heartless scheme' that swindled thousands of people facing serious and expensive tax collection problems with the IRS."[14][15][16][17] Roni Deutch responded to the charges by stating California Attorney General Jerry Brown is "engaging in election year politics" (Brown is running for governor in the November 2010 election) and that she intends to fight the lawsuit.[18]

:cry she got us too - $2500 plus. Liar and Thief!!

I am Disabled and Roni got to me too! :(

ID
#209940 Review #209940 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SCAM...Ronnie Duetch Tax Lady

Roni Deutch, television's "Tax Lady," was sued Monday for perpetrating a"heartless scheme" that swindled thousands of people across the nation into paying huge fees to stop the IRS from collecting back taxes. "Tax Lady Roni Deutch…promises to significantly reduce [client's] IRS tax debts, but instead preys on their vulnerability, taking large up-front payments but providing little or no help in lowering their tax bills," said California Attorney General Jerry Brown when announcing the suit. Brown is attempting to permanently stop Deutch's allegedly misleading advertisements and force her to pay $34 million in restitution to thousands of former clients. Deutch failed to return phone calls prior to press time. Brown says that Deutch "manufactures credibility" by spending $3 million annually on late-night television ads and by offering tax advice on credible news shows, such as NBC's Today Show, CNN, CNBC and FoxNews. She also claims, in an advertisement titled "It's Your Turn," to have "saved" numerous clients from having to pay thousands to the IRS. But the Attorney General says that all three clients in this advertisement still owe the IRS the full amount of their tax bills, plus interest and penalties. In reality Deutch put these clients on "currently not collectible" status with the IRS. That's what Brown's office refers to as "tax collection purgatory" because the government stops trying to collect but continues to accrue fines and interest. Hundreds of Deutch's clients have complained to the attorney general's office and other agencies, Brown said in a news release. Web sites proclaiming that Deutch's services are a scam are almost as ubiquitous as her advertisements, showing up at the Complaints Board, PissedConsumer and Rip-Off Report. Jennifer Geronimo, a San Francisco small business owner, counts herself among Deutch's victims. In an interview Monday, Geronimo said she paid Deutch's California law firm just shy of $2,000 to settle her $30,000 tax debt last July. By October, she was getting nasty notices from the IRS, saying that they were about to levy her assets. Geronimo said she called the IRS herself and was able to get on a payment plan, with no help from Deutch. After complaining to the Better Business Bureau, Geronimo got a partial refund from Deutch's office, but she says she's still out the better part of $1,000 and claims she got nothing in return. Brown, who is running for Governor of California, issued a press advisory earlier this year warning consumers to beware tax relief scams that charge up-front fees. If you think you've been victimized by Deutch or other tax relief services, you can contact Brown's office at 1-80*-952-**** or file a complaint online.
ID
#209938 Review #209938 is a subjective opinion of poster.